19. December 2010 19:00
The tape converters we work with have started to get letters from all the major adhesive tape manufacturers announcing upcoming price increases in the next month. Below we've included links to copies of each letter which includes details about the percentage increase and which of that manufacturer's product line it will affect. The prices on our web site will typically be changed the business day before the manufacturer's increase goes into effect so please use this information to plan accordingly.
- Intertape letter - their effective date is November 1st, 2010 (it is now reflected in FindTape.com pricing)
- Shurtape letter #1, Shurtape letter #2 - their effective date is November 22nd, 2010 for the first category for tapes being increased (it is now reflected in FindTape.com pricing) and January 1st, 2011 for the second category of tapes being increased
- Scapa letter - their effective date is December 1st, 2010 (it is now reflected in FindTape.com pricing)
- Berry Plastics (Polyken/Nashua/Ludlow/Patco) letter - their effective date is December 20th, 2010 (it is now reflected in FindTape.com pricing)
- 3M - we've heard an increase is coming in February, but we haven't received details on it yet (once we've received information we'll update this blog entry)
- Pro Tapes - we've heard a 6.5% increase is coming within the next month
- JVCC - since they source a lot of their material from the manufacturers listed above we can assume they will be increasing pricing also in December
Even UPS has announced rate increases effective at the beginning of the new year - here is information regarding UPS's rate increase for 2011.
* 1st posted 11/1/2010, last updated 12/19/2010