Sports Medicine Athletic Tapes
are an everyday necessity for physiotherapists & certified athletic trainers. They include taping supplies such as non-elastic, stretch and pre-wrap tapes. Athletic tape and wraps are often better to stabilize a joint then a brace would be since braces worn for for more than a day or two risk weakening the muscles so they are more susceptible to injury. Always ask a physical therapist as to their recommendation for what to use for aching elbow, wrist and knee joints.
Athletic Tape Options
- Stretch athletic tape - used for applications where you want to create support, but where you also want to achieve a greater range of motion.
- Non-Elastic Rigid athletic tape - used for applications where you want to reduce range of motion and create joint support at the same time.
- Foam Underwrap - used directly on skin as a base to tape over reducing skin irritation.
- Adhesive-backed Moleskin rolls - used to protect against high friction areas and also to hep in blister recovery by protecting area.
- Adhesive-backed Latex Foam rolls - used to make custom padding for areas of the body; used in conjunction with taping applications for added protection and support.
- Abrasion tape - used to secure bandaging and for patellofemoral taping applications; to protect elbows on synthetic surfaces.