FindTape.com's policies and answers to frequently asked questions about purchasing, shipping, billing and returns can be found below.
Where can I purchase locally?
- unfortunately we're only an online retailer (not a manufacturer or distributor) and do not have any other distribution other than the web site. You can always try contacting the manufacturer of the tape you are interested in to see if they may have a local distributor in your area. Here are some links for the contact information to several manufacturers whose products we carry:
What payment methods do you accept?
- in our checkout process we currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express as payment options. You can also choose to pre-pay for an order with a check or money order. We also give you the choice to ship an order immediately if you choose UPS C.O.D. (UPS adds on an extra charge for this service). Besides our checkout process we also support PayPal Express Checkout. Also please note that there will be a $25 fee applied for any check which is dishonored.
We currently only accept purchase orders if:
- From a U.S. government or a public educational institutions (.gov or .edu domains only).
- The merchandise total, not including the shipping charge, is at least $100.
- Payment terms must be specified as NET 30 on the purchase order.
- The shipping charge must be indicated on the purchase order so please add the items you want into your shopping cart and then enter in your destination zip code and click 'Calculate' so that your shipping charge can be determined. Please note that you do not need to proceed through checkout in order to calculate your shipping charge.
Purchase orders should be faxed to 866-698-9890. If you are going to mail a purchase order to us please also fax over a copy since prices on the web site do change frequently and a fax once received can be entered at the currently posted price.
Can I change or cancel my order?
- as long as your order has not been processed by our distributor/converter for shipment you can call in or use the contact form
to ask about changing an order (if tape has already been cut to width or an order put in for a non-stock item then we can't process an order change request). Orders for stock items can be canceled
before shipment however if tape has already been cut to width or packed a restocking charge (15%) will still apply. In the case of a cancellation or change a new charge or credit may appear on your credit card statement since credit cards are billed right before an order is processed for shipment. Please note USPS picks up around noon EST from our distributor and UPS around 4PM EST so sufficient lead time would need to be given for orders to be changed or canceled before they are picked up by the shipping carrier.
Can a certificate of conformance (C of C) ship with my order?
Free C of C requirements:
- The order must be by the case (not less than case single roll orders).
- You must request the certificate at the time the order is placed (just reply back to your order confirmation email receipt).
Paid C of C requirements:
- For a $10 extra charge our converter can provide certificate of conformance documentation for orders that do not meet the case requirement stated above.
- All requests need to be made at the time of purchase so the lot # can be recorded with your order when the rolls are packed so that the proper certificate can be provided.
Please note a manufacturer certificate of conformance, instead of a certificate of conformance from our converter, can only ship with tapes that conforms to federal certifications such as Polyken 108 Flame Retardant Carpet Tape and Polyken 231 Military Grade Duct Tape. Also please note certificates can not be provided for any product classified as overstock.
How do I find out what the shelf life is for the tape I am interested in?
- unless specifically noted on the web site's detail page for a product or in the link to the product's data sheet (if available) the standard shelf life of adhesive tape is typically 2 years when stored at 40°F to 100°F and 0-95% relative humidity.
Where do you ship to?
- we currently ship direct to addresses in the United States (including APO/FPO addresses), Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada. For international orders shipping to other countries we have partnered with Bongo International to service those areas.
We have partnered with Bongo International to service our customers Worldwide!
Bongo International provides our customers with their very own US address. Once you have a US address, you will be able to make purchases with us as well as other US based online retailers. Bongo receives your purchases and logs them into their online system which you can use to view your items and consolidate them with multiple orders.
International customers can save up to 82% off typical international shipping rates by following these four easy steps:
||Register with Bongo and receive a U.S. shipping address.
||Enter the Bongo address as both your billing and shipping address.
||Use the credit card that you have on file with Bongo as the payment method.
||Once the order arrives at Bongo, log into your account to forward to your country.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bongo through live chat or by e-mail. They will be glad to assist you.
How do you determine the cost of shipping?
- all shipping is based on the weight and destination of the items being shipped. Most items are calculated as shipping from Fairless Hills, PA 19030 or Las Vegas, NV 89115; however special order items often times ship from other locations. To determine the shipping cost related to the items in your shopping cart please select your preferred shipping method and enter your shipping zip code on the shopping cart
page and then click on the 'Calculate' shipping button.
How long does it take for orders to ship? - orders are sent to our distributor between 8am to 3pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) Monday through Friday - some products need to be cut to width or material shipments may be delayed so please specify a 'must arrive by date' during the checkout process if applicable (or after your order has been placed you can reply to your order confirmation email with a date your order must arrive by). Also if you are ordering a non-stock special order item or an order currently on backorder the dates we display on the web site are estimates and can not be guaranteed since we do not currently have material in stock for those. The shipping method of an order will not be upgraded to an expedited method unless a 'must arrive by' date was entered during the checkout process and we did not email back within 2 business days that the date could not be met. If a 'must arrive by date' is not specified and we have not shipped your order within a week or so we will typically email you with an updated shipping status; however please email us at any time to have us inquire about a shipping status update.
Can I change the shipping method for my order after it has been placed? - as long as we receive and read the email before the shipping carrier has picked up the order we can change the chosen shipping method and update the shipping charge appropriately. It is understood that the customer is aware of the cost of shipping associated with the method they have asked for since all shipping method costs are displayed during the checkout process.
Has my order shipped / can I track it?
- please check our order status page
for the current status of your order including tracking details from the shipping carrier.
What happens if an incomplete or incorrect shipping address was entered or no one could/would accept delivery of the shipment?
- the shipping carrier will charge us for the initial outbound shipping (and UPS will also charge a fee to correct the address or a fee for the shipment to be returned). If the address had to be corrected because incorrect delivery information was supplied with the order then the address correction fee which was charged will be debited against the payment method used for the order (UPS currently charges $12 per box for address corrections - click here
for their latest 'Additional Charges' document). If the shipment was returned and if you want the package resent the shipping charge(s) will be debited from your card again or if you no longer need the items the full merchandise subtotal minus our converter's 15% restocking fee and minus the shipping charges both there and back will be credited back to your card. If a C.O.D. order is refused we will call to get a credit card which the outbound and return shipping charges can be billed to (or we will charge against a credit card we have on file).
What happens if incorrect or damaged items are sent or items are missing from the shipment? - we will issue a return label to have any incorrect items sent back to us and we will re-ship the correct items out (if new items are sent and the pre-paid return label is not used to send the other items back we will assume you would like to keep the original shipment and a new charge will be processed for the items that were reshipped using your original payment method). If, because of the delay, the items are no longer needed we will issue a refund for the items and their original shipping cost. Because of the high cost of expedited shipping we do not upgrade the shipping method from that chosen on the original order when the new items are sent out. If the tape received is not the same width/length as that ordered please contact us (you have 30 days to inspect the shipment from the date of delivery). Please remember though that most tape is cut 24mm per 1 inch of tape width so a 4 inch roll will be cut to 96mm. If the tape is not within a few mm of the stated cut size please let us know. Also if the length received is short by more than a few percentage points please also contact us so a refund can be issued for the shortage.
Can I use my own UPS account number to ship? - our distributor requires the merchandise total on an order to be for over $200 AND for tape to be ordered in full case quantities before an order can be processed using a customer's UPS account number. Once these requirements are met an entry box will show up on the shopping cart page which will allow you to enter your UPS account number. Please note that if UPS charges back the shipping charges to our distributor for any reason (e.g. a typo in the account number, refusal to pay, etc.) then the credit card the order was placed with will automatically be billed for those shipping charges and an email will be sent indicating the amount charged. The is due to the fact that by the time our distributor is notified of the charge it has already appeared on their statement and it is to late to reverse it.
Can I get a copy of my order receipt?
- yes, please use the contact form
on the site to make this request and a copy will be emailed to the email address entered when the order was placed.
How do I return items from an order?
- for non-special-order products ordered on this site we will provide to the purchaser a refund or exchange so long as the merchandise returned is unused, unopened if retail-packed, returned to FindTape.com within 30 days of the date of delivery, and prior to the return an RMA# has been received from FindTape.com (please use the contact form
to let us know the details of the return so that an RMA can be issued). Please do NOT send back tape without first obtaining an RMA # along with the appropriate address to send it back to. The merchandise should be returned freight prepaid (customer's own expense) and the original shipping charge will not be returned unless incorrect merchandise was sent, if the merchandise was sent to the wrong location, or if the merchandise was damaged in transit. If the shipment was damaged in transit you must file a report with UPS or USPS in order for us to initiate a claim.
Any product not returned due to quality issues will have a 15% restocking fee applied since either rolls were cut to width from log rolls and now pre-cut rolls have to be put back into stock instead of having a full log roll available to cut to any width ordered or for pre-cut rolls replenishment stock may have been ordered. In order for a refund to be given on merchandise that you believe is defective or does not live up to the specifications noted on the web site the used tape (or a majority of the tape) must be returned so that we can send it to the manufacturer for testing. The cost of shipping (and any certificate of conformance charges if applicable) will not be returned if the manufacturer deems the product to be within specifications. If an ordered tape is outside of the 30 day return period, but within its stated shelf life, and you believe it is not up to specification then the manufacturer's warranty will apply. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that the product and color work in their application based upon the information on the web site (this is especially true for large multiple case orders that need to be cut to width; for those orders product can only be returned if the item does not match the specifications noted on the web site).
Please note pickup orders are charged at the time the order is processed and packed up. If an order is not picked up a return credit can be processed; for merchandise which is returnable; minus our converter's 15% restocking fee as noted above.