ISC Helicopter-IG Surface Guard Tape (Indoor Grade) is an extremely tough conformable polyurethane tape which was formerly referred to as helicopter/leading edge wing tape. It provides excellent paint protection from punctures, tearing, abrasion and erosion and is available in an indoor grade or two outdoor grade options. Indoor grade can be used anywhere it will not be directly exposed to ultra violet light (the sun). If exposed to sun light, it may yellow over time. The tape is clear/transparent and is supplied on a white paper release liner.
Be sure to take note that ISC Surface Guard Tape is made of Polyurethane material not PVC or Vinyl. These other types cannot, and will not, take the abuse that Polyurethane will.
Applications for the surface protection tape are endless and include: bicycle frames, body panels on race cars, ground effects, top fuel wings, bumpers, tailgates, trailer walls, Sprint car wings, roll cages, toolboxes, headlights, wheel wells, truck beds, and door and hood edges. Anywhere there is a surface, unpainted or painted, that is prone to scratching, chipping or weathering, ISC's Surface Guard Tape can do the job.
Features & Benefits
- Super tough film requires razor knife or scissors for cutting.
- Supplied on 92 lb. easy release polycoated liner.
- Requires no heat or solvent to activate.
ISC has discontinued their indoor-grade version of this product. Please see ISC Helicopter-OG and ISC Helicopter-OG-HD for alternative products.
ISC Helicopter-IG Surface Guard Tape [Indoor Grade] Specifications
- Adhesive: rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyurethane film
- Release Liner: 92 lb. polycoated white paper
- Thickness: 9 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 40 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Tensile Strength: 48 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'ISC Helicopter-IG' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.