ISC Helicopter-OG Surface Guard Tape (8 mil Outdoor Grade) is an extremely tough conformable polyurethane tape which was formerly referred to as helicopter blade / leading edge wing tape. The tape's 8 mil thick polyurethane backing provides excellent paint protection from punctures, tearing, abrasion and erosion and is also available in 14 mil thick heavy duty outdoor grade version. This outdoor-grade tape provides excellent protection against ultra violet light, temperature extremes and automotive solvents and it will not yellow over time. The tape is clear/transparent and is supplied on a white paper release liner.
Be sure to take note that ISC Surface Guard Tape is made of Polyurethane material not PVC or Vinyl. These other types cannot, and will not, take the abuse that Polyurethane will.
Applications for the surface protection tape are endless and include: bicycle frames, body panels on race cars, ground effects, top fuel wings, bumpers, tailgates, trailer walls, Sprint car wings, roll cages, toolboxes, headlights, wheel wells, truck beds, and door and hood edges. Also used to protect bar code labels under extreme conditions like at ski resorts (to protect skis please see ISC's Helicopter-OG-HD tape which provides more aggressive adhesion). Anywhere there is a surface, unpainted or painted, that is prone to scratching, chipping or weathering, ISC's Surface Guard Tape can do the job. This product was mentioned in the October 2008 issue of Motorcycle Consumer News (page 48 Product Report).
Features & Benefits
- Super tough film requires razor knife or scissors for cutting.
- Supplied on 92 lb. easy release polycoated liner.
- Requires no heat or solvent to activate.
* Items marked as retail package come in a retail blister pack with hanger holes (currently only the 12 ft. length rolls come in a retail package).
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
ISC Helicopter-OG Surface Guard Tape
- Adhesive: acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyurethane film
- Release Liner: 92 lb. polycoated white paper
- Thickness: 12.7 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 8 mils (carrier, adhesive) 4.7 mils (liner) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 42 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 79 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Application Temperature: 50°F (minimum)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 212°F
- Core: 3" diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.