Nitto Denko / Permacel P-99 Packaging Tape is used for general-purpose packaging, sealing, protecting and high-tensile splicing applications. P99 Tape is well suited for packaging when governmental specifications are involved, and with difficult to splice materials such as coated wall covering papers and cloths, and polyurethane-coated fabrics. The tape is also frequently used for adhesion/peel strength testing.
Features & Benefits
- Semi-translucent tape.
- Excellent quick-stick and high-hold characteristics.
- Moisture and abrasion resistant.
- Provides the plus-strength of polyester film.
- Will not conceal surface printing when burnished.
Nitto Denko / Permacel has discontinued P-99 and they are no longer manufacturing it. Please see Intertape LA-26 or 3M 720 which are similar products that the ASTM group is considering as a P-99 replacement for the D3359-08 adhesion test.
Nitto (Permacel) P-99 Polyester/Fiber Packaging Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: synthetic rubber resin How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyester film/paper fiber
- Thickness: 5.5 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 52 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Adhesion to Backing: 15 ounces per inch
- Tensile Strength: 42 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Elongation: 2%
- Water Penetration Rate: 2.8 gms/100 sq. in./24 hrs
- Certifications: CID A-A-1985; L-T-99C; PPP-T-60B
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'Nitto (Permacel) P-99' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.