Ludlow T-Tak HD Double Coated Tissue Tape [Extended Liner]
ITEMS ON BACKORDER: *** orders can be placed for backordered items at any time
The following are expected in approximately 16 day(s):
Color/Size: NATURAL 2 in. x 216 ft. [1-3/4 in. adhesive]
T-Tak HD Standard sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
1/2 in. x 216 ft. [1/4 in. adhesive]
|T-TAK HD/ 7308||48|
Single Roll (1-47 Rolls)
1 Case (48-95 Rolls)
2 Cases (96-143 Rolls)
3+ Cases (>= 144 Rolls)
1/2 in. x 2000 ft. [1/4 in. adhesive]
|T-TAK HD/ 0321||10|
Single Roll (1-9 Rolls)
1 Case (10-19 Rolls)
2 Cases (20-29 Rolls)
3+ Cases (>= 30 Rolls)
3/4 in. x 216 ft. [1/2 in. adhesive]
|T-TAK HD/ 7309||32|
Single Roll (1-31 Rolls)
1 Case (32-63 Rolls)
2 Cases (64-95 Rolls)
3+ Cases (>= 96 Rolls)
1 in. x 216 ft. [3/4 in. adhesive]
|T-TAK HD/ 7310||24|
Single Roll (1-23 Rolls)
1 Case (24-47 Rolls)
2 Cases (48-71 Rolls)
3+ Cases (>= 72 Rolls)
1 in. x 2000 ft. [3/4 in. adhesive]
|T-TAK HD/ 0317||5|
Single Roll (1-4 Rolls)
1 Case (5-9 Rolls)
2 Cases (10-14 Rolls)
3+ Cases (>= 15 Rolls)
2 in. x 216 ft. [1-3/4 in. adhesive]
|T-TAK HD/ 2216||6|
Single Roll (1-5 Rolls)
1 Case (6-11 Rolls)
2 Cases (12-17 Rolls)
3+ Cases (>= 18 Rolls)
2 in. x 1300 ft. [1-3/4 in. adhesive]
|T-TAK HD/ 7359||2|
Single Roll (1-1 Rolls)
1 Case (2-3 Rolls)
2 Cases (4-5 Rolls)
3+ Cases (>= 6 Rolls)
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.
T-Tak HD Special Order Sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
3/4 in. x 1300 ft. [1/2 in. adhesive] Approximately 4 extra business days to ship
|T-TAK HD/ 0322||7|
Single Roll (1-6 Rolls)
1 Case (7 Rolls)
2 Cases (14 Rolls)
3+ Cases (21, 28, 35, ... Rolls)
1 case minimum
Special Order Policies & Footnotes:
Special Order Policies
- Special orders are non-returnable (and non-cancelable if materials have been already ordered or cut before the cancellation request was received).
- Special order sizes often ship direct from our supplier so will not arrive together with stocked products.
Special Order Minimums
- Minimum requirements apply because a size may be non-stock.
- Minimum Quantities: If a particular size has a minimum item requirement, please only order that size in multiples of that minimum (e.g. if the minimum is 12, then use multiples like 12, 24, 36, etc).
Ludlow T-Tak HD Double Coated Tissue Tape (Extended Liner) has a reinforced tissue-supported carrier for demanding permanent applications (which provides support without adding bulk). The liner on the tape can be easily removed because it has a non-adhesive or finger lift dry edge on each side of the tape (there is 1/8 inch of liner overhang on each side of the tape so a 1 inch wide roll would become 3/4 inch width of adhesive tape once the liner is removed). T-Tak HD offers excellent adhesion and shear strength. Has aggressive rubber-based adhesive; great for heavier paper-to-paper attachments - even for curved or uneven surfaces. Tissue carrier is laminated to a siliconized paper release liner. The release liner is printed with the words "TO EXPOSE ADHESIVE REMOVE LINER" which makes it ideal when the tape is put on items being sent to end users.
Uses & Applications
- Mounting heavy signs and posters
- Promotional displays
- Direct mail pieces
- Tag and label mounting
- Mounting name plates and inventory tags
- Permanent packaging, box, and polybag closure
- Board box and envelope fabrication
- Paper web splicing
- High speed business form presses and applicators
- Spot and strip tape applications
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
Ludlow T-Tak HD Double Coated Tissue Tape
- Adhesive: synthetic rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: tissue paper
- Release Liner: 42# siliconized paper w/ finger-lift edge
- Thickness: 6.3 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 3.7 mils (carrier, adhesive) 2.6 mils (liner) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 70 ounces per inch (exposed side) / 85 ounces per inch (liner side)
- Application Temperature: 40°F to 105°F
- Service/Operating Temperature: -20°F to 160°F
- Roll Diameter: 5.5" (for 216' rolls) or 12" (for 2000' rolls)
- Shear Strength (1000g): 48+ hours
- Core: 3" diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Please note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free. Tape rolls are typically cut to standard tape industry metric-cut sizes - or approx 5% narrower than the nominal size (i.e. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered).
Please contact us to inquire about pricing for full-cut widths (e.g. a 6 inch roll cut to exactly 152mm instead of 144mm).
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils