JVCC PF-9R Polyethylene Film Tape is low density polyethylene film tape coated on one side with a synthetic rubber-based adhesive. It remains tacky and bonds well to most surfaces over a wide range of temperatures (it has an excellent low temperature bond). JVCC PF-9R's tough polyethylene backing offers good abrasion and tear resistance. It is also highly conformable, waterproof and resistant to chemical deterioration. Applications for PF-9R include: polyethylene splicing; patching/repairing poly sheeting used in boating and RV industry; surface protection & electroplate masking; wire identification; and packing. Works well in most applications where a low thread count polyethylene coated cloth tape is being used.
JVCC has discontinued the PF-9R product. Please see Scapa 136 or Patco 503A for currently stocked colored polyethylene film tapes.
3M #481, Berry Plastics #827; Scapa #136; PATCO #5400; Shurtape #VP555; Cantech #278
* alternative to is not the same as equivalent to so please ensure the specifications listed are suitable for your application
JVCC PF-9R Polyethylene Film Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: synthetic rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyethylene film
- Thickness: 9 mils (carrier, adhesive) 5.5 mils (carrier) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 70 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Adhesion to Backing: 35 ounces per inch
- Tensile Strength: 22 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Elongation: 100%
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'JVCC PF-9R' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.