From May 22 to May 28, 2015, for each purchase a customer makes on FindTape.com, we will donate 10%
of the total merchandise price to Operation Homefront. We plan to donate up to $10,000
to the nonprofit during this promotion. Click here
to read why we are supporting them.
Nitto / Permacel P-162 High Tensile Reinforced Strapping Tape is a premium, high tensile strength monofilament glass tape. Used to guarantee maximum package security for heavy loads. It is engineered to handle practically all strapping applications: palletizing, unitizing, bundling and reinforcing. Plus it is also printable.
Features & Benefits
- Unique adhesive system assures high-hold to boxboard and resistance to carton flap lifting.
- Especially effective with hard-to-hold surfaces like polyethylene and wax-coated cardboard.
- Polyester/glass construction means real and lasting strength; as well as being waterproof.
- Good clarity. Carton printing can be seen clearly through tape.
- Remains unaffected by a wide range of chemicals.
- Meets all USDA requirements so it may be used as a packaging tape in contact with meat or poultry food products prepared under USDA Federal inspection.
Nitto Denko (Permacel) has discontinued their P-162 product. Please see JVCC 765P as an alternative.
Nitto (Permacel) P-162 High Tensile Reinforced Strapping Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: synthetic rubber resin How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyester film, monofilament glass reinforcement
- Thickness: 7.5 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 58 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Tensile Strength: 343 pounds per inch (longitudinal) 30 pounds per inch (transverse)
- Elongation: 5%
- Certifications: USDA requirements; A-A-1687A; PPP-T-97E
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'Nitto (Permacel) P-162' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.