North American Tapes 616 Black Adhesive Gaffers Tape is a vinyl-coated cloth tape with an aggressive natural rubber based adhesive which adheres well to a variety of surfaces. All components of NAT 616 Gaffers Tape are black (the vinyl coating, the cloth backing, and the adhesive) so the product is completely opaque and blends in on stage and set floors (white line edges are not visible on the tape like they are with most gaffers tapes). Its matte black finish minimizes reflection from lights on live stage and studio sets. Applications for the tape include: bundling and wrapping wires; holding wires in place to prevent tripping hazards; masking stage floors; and black-out masking on scenery panels or backstage areas. Its conformable backing also assists with application to irregular surfaces.
Our converter is no longer stocking the NAT 616 product and no inventory now remains. Please see Pocono GT-226 for an alternative clear adhesive gaffers tape product.
* alternative to is not the same as equivalent to so please ensure the specifications listed are suitable for your application
NAT 616 Black Adhesive Gaffers Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: natural rubber (black) How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: vinyl coated cloth
- Thickness: 12 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 50 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Adhesion to Backing: 36 ounces per inch
- Tensile Strength: 32 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'NAT 616' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.