3M Bumpon SJ5300 Series Self-Adhesive Bumpers are pressure sensitive adhesive-backed polyurethane products that can be used as feet, stops, spacers and protectors in many applications. The urethane is a durable, resilient elastomer. The aggressive, high tack pressure sensitive adhesive is protected with a release liner making application fast and easy. The plasticizer-free urethane composition of the bumpons exhibit excellent skid resistance, long aging resiliency (will not crack or harden), abrasion resistance and resistance to marring and staining. Use 3M Bumpons almost anywhere slamming, scratching, nicking, scuffing, marring, sliding, vibration, or noise could be a problem for your product. Example applications include:
- Feet on the bottom of blenders, desk top calculators, electronic cabinetry, telephones, keyboards, foot pedals, scales, clocks, speakers, dispensers and computers.
- Stops for cabinet doors, lids and drawers.
- Spacers for picture frames to provide alignment; for auto glass as an aid in assembly.
- Protectors for stacked glass and metal sheets.
The tapered square bumpers are typically used for larger appliances and electronics while the smaller hemisphere and cylindrical shaped bumpons are usually used for phones, speakers and keyboards. The hexagon shaped bumpons are made from soft foam rollstock and are used in woodworking where a softer material is preferred. The SJ6553 quiet bumpons have a hexagonal cone shape and are ideal for use on cabinets and drawer fronts. Please note the black tapered square SJ5023 bumpons do not come retail packaged like the other packs, but just come on sheets with 36 bumpons on each sheet. The 0.312 inch x 0.085 inch clear hemisphere shaped bumpons come 96 per retail pack. The 0.50 inch x 0.140 inch cylindrical bumpons come 56 per retail pack. The 0.375 in. x 0.120 in. and the 0.433 inch x 0.125 inch hexagon bumpons come 132 per pack.
- Apply to any smooth, flat surface such as glass, metal, wood, smooth plaster, tile, etc.
- For best results surfaces must be clean and dry. Clean with a low strength solvent like isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or heptane (white gas) with a clean cloth.
- Do not attempt to use on fabric, course concrete walls, rough sand finishes, loose paint or rough wallpaper.
- Remove paper liner from back of bumper. Avoid touching adhesive with fingers. Place bumper on desired location and press firmly to insure contact of adhesive.