3M 2112C Polyethylene Protective Tape is a 2 mil thick film with a low-tack adhesive system to help provide temporary protection of many polished metals, smooth plastics and glass materials with minimum adhesion buildup and clean removal. Its transparent backing allows visual inspection without tape removal and its acrylic adhesive is non-corrosive and non-staining. The tape is very low tack and is static-cling like.
3M 2112 Application Ideas:
- Automotive – trim, bi-metal aluminum-polished gloss, stainless steel, chrome, and interior plastic.
- Graphic Arts – gloss screen printed nameplates, aluminum signs painted gloss and polished polycarbonate.
- Plastics – gloss high-pressure laminates.
- Metals – anodized bright specular aluminum.
- Architectural Panels and Garage Doors – smooth and painted-gloss surfaces.
Please note 3M 2112C rolls are wound very tightly so when storing rolls please keep them under pressure so they do not telescope or distort (i.e. keep flat with a weight on top). By the time rolls are received they've already typically begun to telescope out; especially for rolls less than 4 or 6 inches in width.