From May 22 to May 28, 2015, for each purchase a customer makes on FindTape.com, we will donate 10%
of the total merchandise price to Operation Homefront. We plan to donate up to $10,000
to the nonprofit during this promotion. Click here
to read why we are supporting them.
3M Scotch 230 Drafting Tape is designed for temporary layup needs, such as holding drawings, tracings, or other papers to blueprints or drawing boards. The tape is conformable and has low tack so it removes easily and cleanly without damaging work. Engineers and architects sometimes refer to this tape as "the second most useful tape in the world" since like duct tape it is very versatile and has many uses. Other uses include labeling and hanging lightweight drawings and posters. If standard masking tape is tearing your work upon removal then this is the tape to look at.
3M has discontinued their 230 Drafting tape and the tape they are suggesting as an alternative is their 3051 low tack paper tape which is also now stocked.
3M Scotch 230 Drafting Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: smooth crepe paper
- Thickness: 6 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 20 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Tensile Strength: 20 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Elongation: 8%
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'3M Scotch 230' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.