FrogTape Delicate Surface Painters Tape
ITEMS ON BACKORDER: *** orders can be placed for backordered items at any time
The following are expected in approximately 17 day(s):
Color/Size: YELLOW 0.94 in. x 60 yds.
Delicate Surface Standard sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
0.94 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 24mm wide
Single Roll (1-13 Rolls)
1 - 4 Cases (14-69 Rolls)
5 - 9 Cases (70-139 Rolls)
10+ Cases (>= 140 Rolls)
1.41 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 36mm wide
Single Roll (1-9 Rolls)
1 - 4 Cases (10-49 Rolls)
5 - 9 Cases (50-99 Rolls)
10+ Cases (>= 100 Rolls)
1.88 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 48mm wide
Single Roll (1-7 Rolls)
1 - 4 Cases (8-39 Rolls)
5 - 9 Cases (40-79 Rolls)
10+ Cases (>= 80 Rolls)
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.
FrogTape Delicate Surface Painters Tape is a low-adhesion painters tape designed for use on:
- Freshly painted surfaces (24 hours old)
- Faux finishes
- Primed wallboard / sheetrock
- Finished wood (Polyurethane, Stain)
- Veneer, laminate and vinyl
FrogTape Delicate surface will remove cleanly from most surfaces for up to 60 days. It's recommended to test before use on all surfaces including those with texture. Patented PaintBlock® Technology is what makes it different from other painter's tapes. This technology prevents latex paint from bleeding by forming a micro-barrier along the edges (it reacts with the water in latex paint). You get a fully sealed tape edge resulting in the sharpest paint lines possible. PaintBlock® is Superabsorbent Polymer (SAP) which absorbs and retains large amounts of a liquid relative to its own mass - it is used in many everyday items, including baby diapers.
As with any other painting tape, it is recommended that you remove and reapply FrogTape in between coats of paint. If not, you run the risk of the layers of paint becoming too thick and bridging over the tape. This can cause the fresh paint to tear when you remove the tape.
- Clean the surface to be masked. Make sure it is dust-free and dry.
- If the surface has been recently painted, make sure the paint has cured.
- For accurate placement, adhere FrogTape in short sections to avoid stretching the tape.
- Make sure FrogTape is flush to the edge that you will be painting.
- Using a putty knife or 5-in-1 tool, press the tape you positioned to burnish it to the surface you are masking.
- Remove the tape immediately after you are finished painting. This will help prevent paint from bridging over the tape and tearing when you remove it. When latex paint begins to dry, it becomes rubbery (like a rubber band) and has a tendency to pull.
- Remove the tape slowly and pull at a 90-degree angle.
- If the new paint does begin to tear, gently score the edges with a razor blade.
- If the tape begins to tear the wallboard when it is being removed, this likely means you have masked on a poorly bonded surface. Try softening the tape's adhesive with a blow dryer.
Made in the U.S.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
FrogTape Delicate Surface Painters Tape
- Carrier/Backing: crepe paper
- Thickness: 4 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Core: 3" diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Please note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free. Tape rolls are typically cut to standard tape industry metric-cut sizes - or approx 5% narrower than the nominal size (i.e. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered).
Please contact us to inquire about pricing for full-cut widths (e.g. a 6 inch roll cut to exactly 152mm instead of 144mm).
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils