3M Scotch Super 88 Heavy-Duty Grade Electrical Tape is a premium grade, 8.5-mil thick, all-weather vinyl insulating tape. It is designed to perform continuously in ambient temperatures up to 105°C (220°F). The tape is conformable for cold weather applications down to -18°C (0°F). It has excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture, alkalies, acids, corrosion and varying weather conditions. The combination of elastic backing and aggressive adhesive provides moisture-tight electrical and mechanical protection with minimum bulk. Scotch® Tape Super 88 is an Underwriters' Laboratories Listed and Canadian Standards Association Certified "Insulating Tape." The tape is compatible with solid dielectric cable insulations and with rubber and synthetic splicing compounds, as well as epoxy and polyurethane resins. It inhibits corrosion of electrical conductors and can be used for indoor and outdoor applications.
3M Super 88 Electrical Tape Applications
- Primary electrical insulation for all wire and cable splices rated up to 600 volts and 105°C (220°F).
- Primary electrical insulation for 600-volt bus applications, and protective jacketing for high- and low-voltage bus.
- Protective jacketing for high-voltage cable splices and repairs.
- Harnessing of wires and cables.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.