3M 616 Lithographers Tape is a ruby red tinted UPVC film tape which is optically transparent and photographically opaque. Used for many lithographic striping applications in the graphic arts industry. Also for other opaquing, edging, masking and splicing applications in the graphic arts, printed circuit board and paper industries. Its ruby red UPVC film backing allows for accurate positioning and since the backing is low caliper it minimizes ghosting and provides for sharper definition. 3M 616 also resists affects of changing atmospheric conditions to allow repeated and extended "burn" times. Pin-hole free backing provides continuous opacity to light source to help minimize retouching and firm adhesive is long aging and resistant to softening to resist oozing during application and storage. Can also be qualified to meet MIL-T-40620A.
3M discontinued their 616 product and no inventory now remains.
Tesa #4156; Dialectric Polymers #NT-716RL; Achem #RL16
* alternative to is not the same as equivalent to so please ensure the specifications listed are suitable for your application
3M Scotch 616 Lithographers Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: UPVC (unplasticized polyvinyl chloride) film
- Thickness: 2.4 mils (carrier, adhesive) 1.6 mils (carrier) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 36 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Tensile Strength: 29 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Elongation: 50%
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'3M Scotch 616' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.