3M Scotch 4016 Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape [1/16" thick]
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
ITEMS ON BACKORDER: *** orders can be placed for backordered items at any time
The following are expected in approximately 5 day(s):
Color/Size: OFF-WHITE 1/16 in. thick foam x 1/2 in. x 36 yds.
3M 4016 Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape is a 1/16" thick double-sided open-cell urethane foam tape that comes on a 62 lb. densified kraft paper liner. 3M 4000 Series urethane foam tapes are ideal for applications such as mounting interior signage and nameplates and for other bonding and attaching jobs. Its 62 mil foam provides handling convenience and cushioning.
Features & Benefits
- Open-cell structure aids component cooling.
- Thick foam dampens and prevents vibration.
- High shear strength on metal and high surface energy plastics.
- Durable foam is ideal for interior mounting applications.
- Acrylic adhesive features high ultimate bond strength, very good high temperature and solvent resistance and very high shear holding power. Bond strength increases substantially with natural aging.
- Off-white color provides a clean appearance.
Please note the 1/4 inch wide rolls are made to order by 3M and ship on a plain white plastic core. The 1/2 inch and 1 inch wide rolls ship on branded 3M cardboard core. Made in the U.S.
3M Scotch 4016 Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape
- Adhesive: acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyurethane foam
- Release Liner: 62 lb. densified Kraft paper
- Thickness: 65 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 62 mils (carrier, adhesive) 3 mils (liner) What is mil thickness?
- Tensile Strength: 140 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: up to 220°F
- Elongation: 100%
- Density: 11 pounds per cubic foot
- Core: 3" diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Please note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free. Tape rolls are typically cut to standard tape industry metric-cut sizes - or approx 5% narrower than the nominal size (i.e. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered).
Please contact us to inquire about pricing for full-cut widths (e.g. a 6 inch roll cut to exactly 152mm instead of 144mm).
4016 Standard sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
1/16 in. thick foam x 1/2 in. x 36 yds.
Single Roll (1-17 Rolls)
1 - 4 Cases (18-89 Rolls)
5 - 9 Cases (90-179 Rolls)
10+ Cases (>= 180 Rolls)
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.
May be Available!
Custom Tape Widths
- Need custom sized or "full-cut" width tapes? Many of our tapes come to our converter as full wide width "log rolls" (not pre-cut), and can be custom cut to widths not shown in the pricing table.
- Contact us today for pricing and minimum requirements to order your desired tape in a custom width.
- Please note that since this tape comes in "log roll" format most rolls ship on a plain white core (i.e. with no branding or text inside the core).
4016 Special Order Sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
1/16 in. thick foam x 1 in. x 36 yds. Approximately 15 extra business days to ship
Single Roll (1-8 Rolls)
1 - 4 Cases (9, 18, 27, ... Rolls)
5 - 9 Cases (45, 54, 63, ... Rolls)
10+ Cases (90, 99, 108, ... Rolls)
1 case minimum
Special Order Policies & Footnotes:
Special Order Policies
- Special orders are non-returnable (and non-cancelable if materials have been already ordered or cut before the cancellation request was received).
- Special order sizes often ship direct from our supplier so will not arrive together with stocked products.
Special Order Minimums
- Minimum requirements apply because a size may be non-stock or if special setup is required to cut rolls to your desired custom width.
- Minimum Quantities: If a particular size has a minimum item requirement, please only order that size in multiples of that minimum (e.g. if the minimum is 12, then use multiples like 12, 24, 36, etc).
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils