Gorilla 8070002 Paintable Silicone Sealant [White]
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
NOTE: Federal regulations prohibit the shipment of restricted products (aerosol cans, flammable items, etc.) by air so please only choose UPS Ground or Surepost as your shipping method if including this product in your order. We can not export this product outside the continental U.S. for this reason.
Gorilla Paintable Silicone Sealant provides a strong waterproof seal great for the kitchen, bath, window, door, plumbing, gutters and more. This sealant is paintable in 30 minutes, 15 minute rain/shower ready and provides mold & mildew resistance. Can be painted with acrylic and latex paints; best if painted within 24 hours.
- Paintable in as little as 30 minutes.
- 15 minute water ready.
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR: All Weather.
- 100% waterproof.
- Mold & mildew resistant.
- Shrink/crack proof.
- Strong adhesive strength.
- Great for Kitchen, Bath, Window, Door, Plumbing, Gutters, Auto, Marine and more.
Made in the U.S.
- TO OPEN: Unscrew and remove the nozzle from the top of the cartridge. Set nozzle aside. Cut the hard plastic tip of the cartridge above the threads. Replace nozzle.
- TO USE: All surfaces should be clean and free of dirt, grease, oil and old sealant. For gaps larger than ½ inch use backer rod. Best if applied above 40F (5C). Cut nozzle at 45-degree angle. Insert into cartridge gun. Apply sealant, pushing bead ahead of nozzle. Smooth bead immediately after application, before a skin forms.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
Gorilla 8070002 Paintable Silicone Sealant
- Standards Met: ASTM C-920 specification for class 25 use A
- Adhesive: White How are adhesives different?
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 176°F
- Application Temperature: 40°F (minimum)
- Paintable: Yes (can be painted with acrylic and latex paints; best if painted within 24 hours)
- Cured Color: White
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
8070002 Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
9 oz. cartridge
Single Item (1-11 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (12-35 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (36-59 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 60 Items)
a 25 % discount
a 26 % discount
a 26 % discount
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils