JVCC UHB45 Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape is a 45 mil thick structural grade double-sided tape comprised of an integral core of solid acrylic polymer, coated on both sides with a uniform high-tack acrylic adhesive, and carried on a white polyethylene release liner. Provides a superior, permanent bond between a wide variety of substrates, including glass, sealed wood, metals, painted metals, composites, and some plastics. Withstands a wide range of weathering and temperature conditions without losing adhesion. Solid acrylic core gives tape superior strength; it can be easily applied and cleanly cut, yet is flexible, moldable, compressible and conformable to intricate shapes. Tape will bond to most surfaces, but thorough evaluation is recommended when bonding low energy surface material such as PVC, ABS, Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP). Not recommended for bonding Teflon, Tedlar, silicone or EPDM.
JVCC UHB45 is used primarily in the transportation industry, automotive, truck, trailer and bus, signs, graphic art assemblies, furniture/appliance manufacturing and RV skin to frame assembly. Rugged metal to metal bonds to replace welding, rivets, bolts, screw and cementing. It will maintain adhesion at sub-zero temperatures and is non-staining and will not harden or become brittle with age. It isolates and dampens vibration and shock. DC-UHB45 is approved for certain GM, Ford and Chrysler specifications.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
JVCC DC-UHB45 Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape
- Adhesive: ultra high bond acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: solid acrylic polymer
- Release Liner: white polyethylene film
- Thickness: 52 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 45 mils (carrier, adhesive) 7 mils (liner) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 240 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 200 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -30°F to 200°F
- Application Temperature: 50°F to 100°F
- Elongation: 500%
- Density: 62.5 pounds per cubic foot
- Dynamic Shear Strength: 90 pounds per square inch
- Core: 3" diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.