Excell EX-17 Steel Desk Top Tape Dispenser
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
ITEMS ON BACKORDER: *** orders can be placed for backordered items at any time
The following are expected in approximately 7 day(s):
Color/Size: BLUE/GREY For tape up to 3" wide *padded foam base
The Excell EX-17 Steel Desk Top Tape Dispenser is an industrial grade steel desk tape dispenser that's made for 3-inch diameter core tape. It can hold up to a 5-inch outside roll diameter, so it's ideal for office supply tapes like JVCC CELLO-1 and film carton sealing packaging tapes like Shurtape HP-500. This steel tape dispenser also fits artist/console tape such as JVCC ART-11. However, full-length cloth tapes like spike and gaffers tapes will be too large to fit this dispenser.
Features and Benefits
- Weighted, rubber lined base that can be removed if you want to mount the unit directly to the work surface or keep it on for additional surface protection.
- Durable and rust-proof serrated blade able to cut through tape up to 3 mils thick
- Safety guard over the serrated blade - easily push back the guard to cut your tape
- Sturdy metal base construction
- The 1-inch Excell EX-17 dispenser fits one 1-inch wide tape roll and is available with a padded foam base only.
- The 2-inch Excell EX-17 dispenser comes with two 1-inch wide rollers so you can use the dispenser for one 2-inch wide roll or two individual 1-inch wide tape rolls. The 2-inch EX-17 dispenser is available in either a padded foam base or a suction cup base. Please make sure to choose your base preference when ordering your dispenser.
- The 3-inch Excell EX-17 dispenser comes with three 1-inch wide rollers so you can use the dispenser for one 3-inch wide roll or three individual 1-inch wide tape rolls or one 2-inch wide roll and one 1-inch wide roll. The approximate dimensions of the 3-inch dispenser are 3-7/8 inches wide by 9 inches long by 4 inches high. The 3-inch EX-17 dispenser is available in either a padded foam base or a suction cup base. Please make sure to choose your base preference when ordering your dispenser.
Please see the Excell EX-17-RP product for replacement blades and spools for these dispensers.
Excell EX-17 Steel Desk Top Tape Dispenser
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
EX-17 Standard sizes
|DISPENSER SIZE||ITEM #
||DISPENSERS PER CASE
||PRICE PER DISPENSER
||PRICE PER CASE
For tape up to 1" wide *padded foam base
Single Dispenser (1-11 Dispensers)
1 Case (12-23 Dispensers)
2 Cases (24-35 Dispensers)
3+ Cases (>= 36 Dispensers)
For tape up to 2" wide *padded foam base
Single Dispenser (1-9 Dispensers)
1 Case (10-19 Dispensers)
2 Cases (20-29 Dispensers)
3+ Cases (>= 30 Dispensers)
For tape up to 3" wide *padded foam base
Single Dispenser (1-5 Dispensers)
1 Case (6-11 Dispensers)
2 Cases (12-17 Dispensers)
3+ Cases (>= 18 Dispensers)
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils