When you want to make sure your taping job holds up over time, use Ultra High Bond or Very High Bond (UHB/VHB) double-sided tape. This type of tape is so strong that it can sometimes be used as an alternative to other fastening options, such as rivets, spot welds and liquid adhesives. For heavy-duty taping tasks, you'll want to make sure you have double-sided UHB tape or VHB tape available to handle the job.
There are a number of situations where Ultra High Bond or Very High Bond (UHB/VHB) double-sided tape is sure to come in handy, such as:
- Mounting illuminated signs
- Fabricating road signs
- Joining of metals and plastic trims in furniture construction and architectural applications
- Automotive aftercare market and crash repair in body shops
- Mounting/fixing car side molding and emblems
- Graphic art assemblies
- Appliance manufacturing
- RV skin to frame assembly
- Rugged metal to metal bonds
- Alternative or replacement for welding, rivets, bolts, screws and cementing
One of the first things you'll want to note when checking out the products in this collection is the double-sided tape weight capacity of our UHB and VHB tapes. Some of these tapes have a tensile strength of 200 pounds per inch or more, so they are among the most heavy-duty tapes we offer at FindTape.
You'll be amazed at just how much these tape products can handle. In addition to holding up heavy loads, our strongest VHB tapes and UHB tapes can withstand extreme temperatures, dampen vibration and shock, resist UV damage and won't become brittle with age. These tapes also feature high shear strength performance to keep everything exactly in place right where you want it.
Browse our great selection of Ultra High Bond or Very High Bond (UHB/VHB) double-sided tapes at FindTape. We offer high-quality products from trusted brands like 3M and JVCC at low prices.
3M VHB Tape Rules of Thumb
- Use 4 square inches of tape for each 1 pound of weight need to hold up.
- When choosing the thickness of the tape you need make sure the VHB tape's thickness is at least 1/2 the thickness of thinner of the two substrates you are bonding to.
VHB Tape and UHB Tape Applications
- Attachment of a wide variety of automotive exterior and interior trim on cars, trucks, trailers and buses.
- To replace rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives and other permanent fasteners like bolts and screws.
- Signs and graphic art assemblies.
- Furniture and appliance manufacturing.
- Permanent bonding between a wide variety of substrates such as glass, some plastics, composites, sealed wood and metals.
If you're looking for an adhesive product or tape to do a specific job, try our Advanced Tape Finder. This tool allows you to narrow down your search based on adhesive type, removability, peel adhesion, thickness, and other specifications. You can also visit our Shop by Application page to find the best tapes for your specific application or industry.