From May 22 to May 28, 2015, for each purchase a customer makes on FindTape.com, we will donate 10%
of the total merchandise price to Operation Homefront. We plan to donate up to $10,000
to the nonprofit during this promotion. Click here
to read why we are supporting them.
Scapa 142 Utility Grade Duct Tape is a general-purpose duct tape available in several colors. Highly conformable/flexible at 8.5 mils thick and excellent adhesion at 55 oz per inch. It is single coated with a high tack natural rubber adhesive which bonds well to most surfaces over a wide temperature range. Scapa 142 tears evenly and it is easy to work with since it will not twist or curl during application. Applications include taping of metal ductwork and general-purpose bundling and sealing.
Scapa has discontinued 142 duct tape. Please see Polyken 2280 and Shurtape PC-600 for alternative colored duct tapes.
Scapa 142 Utility Grade Duct Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: natural rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: laminated polyethylene cloth
- Thickness: 8.5 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 55 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Adhesion to Backing: 35 ounces per inch
- Tensile Strength: 20 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'Scapa 142' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.