Scapa 702 Double Coated Silicone Tape is a polyester film coated on both sides with a silicone pressure sensitive adhesive. Used for splicing of silicone coated papers and films. Bonds silicone substrates and many other difficult to bond surfaces. Scapa 702 provides excellent quick-stick and strong holding power. Bonds silicone foams and gaskets for automotive and industrial applications, high or low temperature gasket sealing, can be die-cut for precision parts. Wound on a specially treated polyester film liner which allows for easy unwind. Bonds over a wide operating temperature range and resistant to many chemicals.
Scapa has discontinued the 702 product and no inventory now remains.
Scapa 702 Double Coated Silicone Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: silicone How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyester film
- Release Liner: treated polyester film
- Thickness: 6.6 mils (carrier, adhesive, liner) 4.6 mils (carrier, adhesive) 1.8 mils (adhesive) 1 mils (carrier) 2 mils (liner) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 35 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Tensile Strength: 25 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -20°F to 400°F
- Elongation: 90%
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'Scapa 702' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.