DAP DryDex Dry Time Indicator Spackling
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
DAP DryDex Dry Time Indicator Spackling provides a unique dry time color indicator that verifies when the patched surface is dry and ready to be sanded and painted, thus providing a smoother finished surface in a shortened amount of time. DAP DRYDex Spackling may be used to fill holes and cracks in surfaces such as drywall, plaster, wood, brick, and stone. Its ready-to-use formula spreads easily for fast, professional repairs that will not crack, crumble, or flake. DRYDex dries hard, sands easily, and can be painted.
Features & Benefits
- America’s #1 Seller
- Dry Time Indicator – Goes on Pink Dries White
- No Priming Required
- Won’t Shrink or Crack
- Eliminate Errors
- Interior/Exterior use
Ideal for filling holes, cracks, dents and defects on:
For best results:
- Do not apply when temperatures are below 50°
- Do not apply outside if rain is expected within 24 hours
- Do not use on floors or as a caulk, sealant or joint filler over cracks and joints where expansion and contraction may occur.
- DO NOT USE AS A SKIM COAT
- For exterior applications, always topcoat with a good quality exterior grade paint.
- If a textured finish is desired, add clean sand to spackling compound prior to application.
- Do not use for tuck pointing applications on brick
- For larger areas to be patched on bare concrete, use a latex fortified Portland cement-based dry mix.
Note:To retain the effectiveness of the dry time indicator, keep the container tightly closed after use.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of foreign material.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
(When using the 5.5 oz squeeze tube, knead tube prior to use. Remove cap and cut nozzle to desired
- Apply with a clean putty knife.
- One application is usually sufficient for small repairs. For repairs deeper than 1/8”, apply two or more layers allowing spackling to dry between applications.
- For a smoother finish, dip putty knife in water and lightly smooth spackling.
- Spackling will change color to white when surface can accept a second application or is ready to be painted or sanded in 1 to 5 hours. Wet sanding is recommended to avoid generation of dust.
- Clean tools immediately with water.
DAP DryDex Dry Time Indicator Spackling
- Shelf Life: 12 months
- Vehicle: VAE Copolymer
- Dry Time: 3 to 6 hours depending on temperature, relative humidity and depth of fill
- Painting : Yes, takes either oil or latex-based paints
- Country of Origin: United States
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
DryDex Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
8.0 fl. oz.
UPC = 070798123281
Single Item (1-11 Items)
1 - 4 Cases (12-59 Items)
5 - 9 Cases (60-119 Items)
10+ Cases (>= 120 Items)
a 17% discount
a 19% discount
a 20% discount
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils