When you need an undetectable, strong and permanent hold, reach for Scotch Indoor Fastener Strips. These clever, hook-and-loop strips are ideal for mounting remotes, keeping your floor rugs from slipping, and your seat cushions in place. They're so easy to use and hold up to 3 pounds–no tools needed. So whether you're hanging a key rail in your entryway or just need to ensure little feet don't slip on your rug, rely on the stabilizing power of Scotch Indoor Fastener Strips.
These precut strips of nylon hook and loop tape backed with a premium acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) that works exceptionally as a closure/mounting alternative to zippers, snaps, screws, hooks, and more. Each mating pair consists of one rougher half that is coarse to the touch and filled with very tiny hooks, while the opposing half is softer and filled with clusters of hairy loops. When the two halves are pressed together, the hooks catch the loops and bind the strips/pieces together, which can be easily separated at will by pulling or peeling them apart. The woven nylon backing is estimated to last for up to 10,000 of these openings/closures, ensuring years of reliable service.
The acrylic adhesive used on these fasteners provides fair initial adhesion and excellent moisture, UV, and solvent resistance. Approximately 50% of ultimate bond strength is achieved at room temperature in the first 20 minutes, 90% after about 24 hours, and 100% after about 72 hours. Bonds well to materials such as bare and painted (non-powder coated) metals, glass, sealed wood, paint, and many HSE plastics (such as acrylic, polycarbonate, polystyrene, and rigid vinyl - not to LSE plastics such as polypropylene and polyethylene). These adhesive-backed reclosable fasteners should be applied to surfaces that are smooth, dry, and free of oils, mold release agents, or other surface contaminants.
Excels when used for securing items, mounting small/medium objects on walls or other surfaces, or creating closures. Estimated to hold approximately 1 pound per inch, but more or less may be needed depending on specific conditions or end-use applications. A brand of 3M.
Features & Benefits
- Delivers a strong bond on contact.
- Easy-to-apply design with no mess or tools.
- Size: 3/4 in. x 3 in. Holds up to 3 lbs./1 lb. per 1 in.
- Liner peels back to expose strong adhesive.
- Lasts up to 10,000 closures.
- Ideal for use on finished/painted surfaces, bare metal, glass, plastic and more.
- Ensure your surface is clean and dry for the best bond.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
Scotch Indoor Fastener Strips
- Carrier/Backing: woven nylon hook and loop
- Adhesive: acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Release Liner: clear polyethylene film
- Thickness: 4 mils (liner) What is mil thickness?
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 220°F
- Engaged Thickness: 100 to 160 mils
- Country of Origin: South Korea
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.