Polyken 500 Low-Gloss Duct Tape, aka AV Cord Tape, is a matte-finish polyethylene coated cloth tape coated with a rubber adhesive. It's used to protect and anchor wires for photography, film, live entertainment, meetings & conventions. Its matte finish offers less reflectivity and low sheen. The tape is also strong and is abrasion, moisture and solvent resistant. Exceptional high tack for a variety of surfaces, but is still designed to remove cleanly from most surfaces leaving no adhesive residue behind. It can also be used for moisture and dust-proof sealing of cases and film canisters and for marking placement, i.e. "spike tape". Other applications include book binding; seam reinforcement; floor & aisle marking; general repair & maintenance; and for wrapping or bundling wires, metals and plastics. Use for bundling, repairing, patching, and sealing where minimal visibility is required. Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) content and contributes toward satisfying LEED EQ Credit 4.1 (Low Emitting Materials)..
Our converter has stopped stocking log rolls of this product and no inventory now remains. Please see JVCC J90 for an alternative.
Polyken 500 Low-Gloss Duct Tape / AV Cord Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyethylene coated cloth
- Thickness: 11 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 70 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Adhesion to Backing: 45 ounces per inch
- Tensile Strength: 50 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 40°F to 200°F
- Certifications: LEED - contributes toward satisfying EQ Credit 4.1
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'Polyken 500' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.