Scapa 627 House Wrap Splicing / Sheathing Tape is a polyester film, single coated with an aggressive acrylic adhesive. Used for splicing of non-silicone surfaces and seam sealing (e.g. one common use is to seal seams of Tyvek to help provide a vapor barrier against air coming in through seams of house wrap). Comes with serrated/pinked edges for easy hand tearing. Its aggressive, tacky adhesive aides in splicing to various non-silicone surfaces and its printable PET carrier adds dimensional stability and strength. It has excellent balance of tack, peel and tensile strength, maintains adhesion at low temperatures, and exhibits excellent aging and weathering properties.
NOTE: Scapa 627 is no longer being carried. Please see Berry Plastics's 628 Barricade Seam & Seal Construction Tape as an alternative.
Scapa 627 House Wrap Splicing / Sheathing Tape Specifications
- Adhesive: acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: polyester film
- Thickness: 3 mils (carrier, adhesive) 1.5 mils (adhesive) 1.5 mils (carrier) What is a mil?
- Adhesion: 40 ounces per inch (to stainless steel)
- Tensile Strength: 37 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: up to 230°F
- Elongation: 110%
- Core: 3" diameter
* specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy
'Scapa 627' is out of stock and not currently available for purchase on the site.