3M 6 Series Reusable Respirators & Cartidges/Filters
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
NOTE: Federal regulations prohibit the shipment of restricted products (aerosol cans, flammable items, etc.) by air so please only choose UPS Ground or Surepost as your shipping method if including this product in your order. We can not export this product outside the continental U.S. for this reason.
3M 6000 Series Reusable Respirators & Cartridges/Filters are a line NIOSH approved respirators and filters designed to provide maximum protection against a variety of oil/non-oil based aerosols, organic/inorganic vapors, and particulates while also prioritizing comfort for the end-user. Soft yet firm silicone seals harnesses constructed of flexible polyester/spandex straps, and the lightweight construction makes these respirators among the least invasive and most comfortable on the market. The largest improvement however is the revolutionary Cool Flow Valve technology that pushes exhaled breath downward to avoid face shield fog while also removing moisture from the masked area to aid in ease of breathing. These comfort features combined make the masks much easier to wear for extended periods of time.
When combined with 3M approved filter cartridges, 99.97% filter efficiency can be achieved with a properly fitting respirator. This makes it safe for users to operate in concentrations of up to 10 times Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL) with half facepiece respirators, and up to 50 times PEL if using full facepiece models.
- 3M 6502QL Rugged Comfort Quick Latch Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator provides substantial protection against particulates, aerosols, and vapors from both oil and non-oil based sources via a comfortable half facepiece design. This approach allows for this mask to be combined with various types of face shields such as welding masks, safety goggles, or whatever the job may call for. The four-point quick latch mechanism makes it easy to drop down the respirator when not in use, eliminating the need to remove a hard hat or face shield.
- 3M 6800 Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator allows for substantially increased protection levels as a result of the addition of an integrated face shield. Half facepiece respirators are cleared for use in environments contaminated with up to 10 times PEL, while full facepiece respirators such as this model are safe for use in environments contaminated with up to 50 times PEL. The face shield is very sturdy for dependable protection against debris, and ANSI z87.1 2003 compliant.
- 3M 2091 Particulate filter is a P100 approved Advanced Electret Media respiratory filter that is compatible with the 3M 6000 series. Helps provide respiratory protection against exposure to lead, asbestos, cadmium, arsenic, and MDA. Effective for concentrations up to 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) with half facepieces, or 50 times PEL with properly fit tested full facepieces. The filter is both flame and water-resistant and is commonly used for welding, brazing, torch cutting, metal pouring, and soldering.
- 3M 60923 Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge/Filter is a P100 approved filter that is approved for protection against certain organic vapors, acid gases, and particulates. Effective for concentrations up to 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) with half facepieces, or 50 times PEL with properly fit tested full facepieces. Not for use in environments that are considered to be immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
Made in the U.S.
3M 6 Series Reusable Respirators & Cartidges/Filters
- Standards Met: NIOSH P100, ANSI z87.1 2003
- Use: reusable
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
6 Series Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
Full Facepiece, Medium
Single Item (1-3 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (4-11 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (12-19 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 20 Items)
Half Facepiece, Medium
Single Item (1-9 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (10-29 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (30-49 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 50 Items)
Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge/Filter, 2-pack
Single Item (1-29 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (30-89 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (90-149 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 150 Items)
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils