DAP ALEX FAST DRY Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
DAP ALEX FAST DRY Acrylic Latex Caulk Plus Silicone is specifically formulated to meet the demanding needs of Professional Painters and deliver outstanding paint finish results. It can be brush painted in just 20 minutes after application or spray painted immediately, so the job gets finished faster. This durable, flexible caulk won’t crack or discolor paint and doesn’t pick up dirt. It has outstanding adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces, provides a 100% waterproof seal and cured caulk is mold and mildew resistant. It applies smoothly and easily. 50 Year. Exceeds ASTM Specification C834. Interior/exterior use.
Features & Benefits
- Paint ready in 20 minutes
- Won't shine through or discolor paint
- Resists cracking and chalking
- Exceeds ASTM C834
- Reduced dirt pick-up
- 50 year warranty
- 100% waterproof seal
- Cured caulk is mold and mildew resistant
- Easy water clean-up
- Low odor
- Interior/exterior use
Use for caulking & sealing:
- Window frames
- Door frames
- Corner joints
- Other gaps and cracks, especially prior to painting
- Wood – painted and unpainted
- Most metals
- Most plastics
- Fiber Cement
- Most common building materials
For best results:
- Apply in temperatures above 40°F.
- Do not apply when rain or freezing temperatures are forecasted within 24 hours.
- Not for continuous underwater use, filling butt joints, surface defects, tuck-pointing or expansion joints.
- Joint size should not exceed 3/8 inches wide x 3/8 inches deep. If joint depth exceeds 3/8 inches, use backer rod material.
- Store container away from extreme heat or cold.
Made in the U.S.
Surface must be clean, dry, structurally sound and free of all old caulk, dirt and other foreign material.
- Apply in temperatures above 40°F. Do not apply when rain or freezing temperatures are forecasted within 24 hours. Cooler temperatures and higher humidity will slow down dry time.
- If using the squeeze tube, remove cap.
- Cut nozzle at 45° angle to desired bead size.
- If using the cartridge, load into caulk gun.
- Fill gap or joint with caulk.
- If necessary, tool or smooth the bead of caulk with a finishing tool before caulk skins over.
- Clean up excess wet caulk with a damp sponge before it skins over. Excess dried caulk must be cut or scraped away.
- Allow 20 minutes for skin to form on caulk prior to painting with brush or roller. Can be spray painted immediately with latex paint. Allow additional dry time in high humidity or cool temperatures.
- Reseal container for storage and reuse.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
ALEX FAST DRY Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
5.5 fl oz. tube
|ALEX FAST DRY/ 55|
UPC = 070798114258
Single Item (1-5 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (6-17 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (18-29 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 30 Items)
a 22% discount
a 24% discount
a 25% discount
10.1 fl oz. cartridge
|ALEX FAST DRY/ 101|
UPC = 070798184251
Single Item (1-11 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (12-35 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (36-59 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 60 Items)
a 19% discount
a 20% discount
a 22% discount
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils