DAP Silicone Max Premium All Purpose 100% Silicone Sealant
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
BACKORDER NOTE *** orders can be placed for backordered items at any time
Item is expected in approximately 33 day(s)
DAP Silicone Max Premium All Purpose 100% Silicone Sealant provides maximum flexibility and adhesion to withstand extreme expansion and contraction caused by temperature and weather fluctuations. DAP® SILICONE MAX™ has twice the joint movement capability of many other sealants so it won’t crack or shrink, providing a durable, 100% waterproof and weatherproof seal. It is rain and water ready in just 30 minutes. Ideal for a wide variety of applications such as sealing around windows, doors, siding and trim. Lifetime Guarantee. Meets ASTM C920, Class 50. Interior/exterior use.
Features & Benefits
- 100% waterproof and weatherproof
- Exterior/interior use
- Lifetime guarantee
- 30 minute rain ready
- Wet/damp surface adhesion
- Excellent flexibility and adhesion
- Shrink and crack proof
- Low odor
- Cured sealant is mold and mildew resistant
- +/- 50% joint movement for maximum flexibility and adhesion
- Meets ASTM C920, Class 50
Uses & Applications
Use for Caulking and Sealing:
- Corner joints
- Above ground foundations
- Wood – painted and unpainted
- Most plastics (PVC, ABS)
- Most metals
- Composite materials
- Fiber cement board
- Most common building materials
For best results:
- Application temperature range is between -35°F and 120°F.
- Joint width should not exceed ½ an inch. If joint depth exceeds ½ an inch, use foam backer rod.
- Allow 24 hours for sealant to fully cure.
- Not recommended for filling butt joints, surface defects, tuck pointing, stovepipes, chimneys, fireplaces
applications, continuous underwater use or oily woods and some metals. Not recommended for structural glazing.
- Not recommended on surfaces that might bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents.
- Not paintable. Paint substrate surface before applying sealant.
- Store below 80°F in dry place for optimal shelf life.
Made in the U.S.
Surface must be clean, dry, structurally sound and free of old caulk, dirt, dust and other foreign material.
- If using squeeze tube, remove cap and cut nozzle at 45°ree angle to desired bead size.
- If using cartridge, cut nozzle at a 45° angle to desired bead size. Puncture inner foil seal. Load into caulk gun.
- Fill gap or crack with sealant.
- If necessary, tool or smooth the bead of sealant with a finishing tool before the sealant skins over.
- At 73°F & 50% relative humidity, sealant is water resistant at 30 minutes & reaches full cure in 24 hours. Low humidity may slow cure.
- Clean up excess uncured sealant from surface and tools with mineral spirits. Scrape or cut away excess cured sealant. Do not use mineral spirits to clean hands or skin. Wash hands or skin with soap and water.
- Sealant is not paintable. Paint surfaces prior to applying sealant.
- Reseal cartridge/tube for storage and reuse.
DAP Silicone Max Premium All Purpose 100% Silicone Sealant
- Base Polymer: Silicone rubber
- Odor: Very mild
- Shelf Life: 24 months
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Silicone Max Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
10.1 fl oz.
|SILICONE MAX/ 101|
UPC = 070798087910
Single Item (1-11 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (12-35 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (36-59 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 60 Items)
a 19% discount
a 20% discount
a 21% discount
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils