DAP Tank Bond Thread Stopper Tape
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
DAP Tank Bond Thread Stopper Tape is the perfect solution to fix anything that shakes, rattles, jiggles, or comes loose around your home. The easy-to-apply tape keeps screws and bolts tightly in place while absorbing shock and vibration from everyday wear and tear but remains easily removable and even reusable up to 3X with each application. Works on all fastener types and sizes as well as on virtually any surface including metal, wood, plastic and more. Covers up to 150 screws or bolts so you can use it again and again throughout your house. Water and chemical resistant formula can be used for interior or exterior and can help prevent leakage or stripping.
Features & Benefits
- Absorbs shock and vibration
- Works on all fastener types and sizes
- Covers up to 90 Screws or Bolts
- Remove & Reuse up to 3x Per Application
- Prevents Leakage
Uses & Applications
- Door Handles, Knobs and Hinges
- Cabinet Hardware
- Furniture Assembly and Repair
- Building Projects
- Construction Fasteners
- Automotive Maintenance
- Motorcycle and Bicycle Maintenance
- DIY Projects
Made in the U.S.
- Ensure parts are clean, dry and free from all foreign materials.
- Separate end of tape from Press end of tape into threads of fastener and hold while pulling remaining tape to stretch slightly.
- Wrap Thread Stopper Tape tightly around fastener 1-1/2 to 2 revolutions at area of engagement stretching tape as you wrap.
- Press and hold tape against threads on desired end spot and tear remainder of tape away. Press any excess down tightly against fastener.
- Install screw or bolt back tightly into place. Scrape away any excess or squeeze out.
Note: It is recommended that DAP Tank Bond Thread Stopper Tape be tested in the application for which it is to be used.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
DAP Tank Bond Thread Stopper Tape
- Adhesive: acrylic polymer How are adhesives different?
- Shelf Life: 5 Years
- Adhesive Base: Acrylic Polymer
- Consistency: Solid
- Color: Orange
- Reusability: Up to 3X per application
- Country of Origin: United States
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
TBT Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
5/8 in. x 5 ft.
UPC = 070798001695
Single Item (1-5 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (6-17 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (18-29 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 30 Items)
a 12% discount
a 13% discount
a 13% discount
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils