FindTape HEXY-HP Bi-Directional Filament Strapping Tape [166# tensile]
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
ITEMS ON BACKORDER: *** you can choose to be notified via text when items are back in stock
The following are expected in approximately 16 day(s):
Color/Size: TRANSLUCENT 3 in. x 60 yds.
FindTape HEXY-HP Bi-Directional Filament Tape is a High-performance bi-directional fiberglass reinforced polypropylene tape with a synthetic rubber adhesive. It has excellent adhesion, tack, quick stick bonds to most surfaces, and good conformability. You can use it for splicing where a high tensile strength in both MD (Machine Direction) and CD (Cross Direction) is required. This tape's adhesion (22% higher) and tensile strength (11% higher) performs better than our FindTape HEXY-BD Bi-Directional Filament Tape.
This directional filament tape is highly durable and designed for high-stress jobs like metal fabrication, palletization, and bundling. Are you headed to Burning Man or another big festival? This filament tape is ideal for building your hexayurt shelter.
Features & Benefits
- Ideal for furniture maintenance, heavy goods wrapping, carton sealing, carpet fixing, vehicle patching and protecting
- Weatherproof, moist resistant, UV and temperature resistant, suitable for most repairs, green house and outdoor use
- With Special formulated, cross filament tape adhere to variety of surfaces: glass, wood, plastic, metal, fiberboard, cardboard etc.
- Transparent filament tape with smooth surface is perfect for strapping, fixing, reinforcing, repairing and palletizing
Made in the U.S.
FindTape HEXY-HP Bi-Directional Filament Strapping Tape
- Carrier/Backing: fiberglass reinforced polypropylene film
- Adhesive: synthetic rubber How are adhesives different?
- Thickness: 6 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 109 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 166 pounds per inch (longitudinal) 66 pounds per inch (transverse)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 0°F to 160°F
- Elongation: 5%
- Color: Clear
- Compatible Material: Metal , Glass , Wood , Plastic
- Core: 3" diameter neutral
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Please note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free. Tape rolls are typically cut to standard tape industry metric-cut sizes - or approx 5% narrower than the nominal size (i.e. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered).
Please contact us to inquire about pricing for full-cut widths (e.g. a 6 inch roll cut to exactly 152mm instead of 144mm).
This product can be used as an alternative to the following products(s):
PLEASE NOTE: "Alternative" to is NOT the same as equivalent to so please ensure the specifications listed are suitable for your application.
- 3M #8959
- IPG #745
- Cantech #190
- Sicad #FGBD
- Tesa #4579
- JVCC #762-BD
HEXY-HP Standard sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
2 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 48mm x 55m
UPC = 653461716548
Single Roll (1-23 Rolls)
1+ Cases (>= 24 Rolls)
a 10% discount
3 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 72mm x 55m
UPC = 653461708185
Single Roll (1-15 Rolls)
1+ Cases (>= 16 Rolls)
a 8% discount
4 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 96mm x 55m
UPC = 653461751785
Single Roll (1-11 Rolls)
1+ Cases (>= 12 Rolls)
a 7% discount
6 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 144mm x 55m
UPC = 653461856053
Single Roll (1-7 Rolls)
1+ Cases (>= 8 Rolls)
a 7% discount
12 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 288mm x 55m
Single Roll (1-3 Rolls)
1+ Cases (>= 4 Rolls)
a 6% discount
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.
May be Available!
Custom Tape Widths
- Need custom sized or "full-cut" width tapes? Many of our tapes come to our converter as full wide width "log rolls" (not pre-cut), and can be custom cut to widths not shown in the pricing table.
- Contact us today for pricing and minimum requirements to order your desired tape in a custom width.
- Please note that since this tape comes in "log roll" format most rolls ship on a plain white core (i.e. with no branding or text inside the core).
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils