Gorilla CA Construction Adhesive
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
NOTE: Federal regulations prohibit the shipment of restricted products (aerosol cans, flammable items, etc.) by air so please only choose UPS Ground or Surepost as your shipping method if including this product in your order. We can not export this product outside the continental U.S. for this reason.
Gorilla Construction Adhesive comes in a variety of options to grab to surfaces, to offer superior strength, and to bond to virtually any surface including wood, drywall, concrete, paneling, trim & molding, ceramic, tile, and more.
- GORILLA ALL-PURPOSE CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE - instant grab construction adhesive can be used indoor and outdoor, is repositionable for up to 15 minutes, is paintable, and is easy to clean up with soap and water.
- GORILLA HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE - gap-filling, durable, 100% waterproof adhesive formula is perfect for indoor and outdoor projects, holds in 30 seconds, and bonds virtually anything including subfloor, mirrors, trim, drywall, landscaping, bath surrounds, foamboard, marble and more.
- GORILLA HEAVY DUTY ULTIMATE CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE - Gorilla's most durable construction adhesive. This Ultimate formula is tough, versatile and 100% waterproof. It even works underwater. It's paintable, easy to dispense, and holds immediately for an instant grab. Bonds subfloor, decks, bath surrounds, granite, marble, brick, metal, and more.
- GORILLA MAX STRENGTH CLEAR CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE - Gorilla's strongest construction adhesive, Max Strength Clear combines the strength and versatility you have come to expect from Gorilla with a crystal clear, easy to use, non-foaming formula.
Made in the U.S.
All surfaces should be clean and free of dirt, grease and oil. Best if used above 40F. Apply adhesive to one surface in a zig-zag pattern or inside perimeter of the object. Be careful of squeeze-out. When working on rough, uneven surfaces, use enough adhesive to fill gaps. Within 10 minutes, press surfaces together and hold for 20-30 seconds. NOTE: Heavy items may require temporary support. Use in conjunction with mechanical fasteners when hanging large mirrors. Allow 24 hours to cure. Note that cure times will increase with lower temperature, humidity and if bonding non-porous surfaces.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
Gorilla CA Construction Adhesive
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 200°F
- Application Temperature: 40°F (minimum)
- Sandable: Yes
- Cured Color: White or Clear
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
CA Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
Heavy Duty: 2.5 oz. tube
Single Item (1-5 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (6-17 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (18-29 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 30 Items)
Heavy Duty: 9 oz. cartridge
Single Item (1-11 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (12-35 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (36-59 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 60 Items)
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils