Nashua Cold Weather Premium Foil Tape [UL 181 A & B listed / Linered] (324A)
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
Nashua 324A Cold Weather Premium Foil Tape is a cold weather, premium grade, printed aluminum foil tape (with liner) used for HVAC applications. It is recommended for use on UL listed fiberglass duct board in accordance with manufacturer's installation instructions. Ideal for permanent flexible seals. Meets UL 181 A-P standard for use as a closure material on fiberglass duct systems and UL 181 B-FX standards for use on flexible air ducts and closures. Also can provide a durable seal for dryer ventilation and on rigid sheet metal ducts.
Features & Benefits
- Meets UL 181 A-P & UL 181 B-FX standards.
- High performance aggressive cold weather acrylic adhesive.
- Adhesive is protected by Kraft paper liner which also provides easy unwind.
- Excellent adhesion to duct board.
- Provides long-term anchorage and strong cohesive bond for long-term durability.
- Superior adhesion even at extremely low or high temperatures.
- Suitable for installation temperatures as low as -10°F.
- Low VOC Content and reduced environmental impact.
- Meets code requirements and can contribute toward requirements for EA Credit 1 (Optimize Energy Performance) and toward satisfying EQ Credit 4.1 (Low Emitting Materials) under LEED®.
Made in the U.S.
Nashua Cold Weather Premium Foil Tape (324A)
- Standards Met: UL181A & UL181B-FX Listed; EA Credit 1 (Optimize Energy Performance) and EQ Credit 4.1 (Low Emitting Materials) under LEED
- Carrier/Backing: aluminum foil
- Adhesive: cold-weather acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Release Liner: unbleached natural Kraft paper
- Thickness: 4.8 mils (carrier, adhesive) 2.1 mils (carrier) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 68 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Adhesion to Backing: 60 ounces per inch
- Tensile Strength: 27 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -20°F to 325°F
- Application Temperature: -10°F to 200°F
- Flame Spread Index: 3
- Smoke Development Index: 0
- VOC Content: < 30 g/L
- Core: 3" diameter
- Country of Origin: United States
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
324A Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
2-1/2 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 60mm x 55m
UPC = 742366999825
Single Item (1-15 Items)
1 - 4 Cases (16-79 Items)
5 - 9 Cases (80-159 Items)
10+ Cases (>= 160 Items)
a 5% discount
a 6% discount
a 7% discount
Question & Answers
[ viewing questions 1 through 1 of 1 total ]
jane s. Dec 13, 2017
QUESTION: Is nashua 324a waterproof?
[ viewing reviews 1 through 1 of 1 total ]
RAPHAEL F. Verified Buyer Sep 21, 2018
Nashua 324A Cold Weather Premium Foil Tape [UL 181 A & B listed / Linered]
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils