Polyken FastFloor Double-Coated Ballroom Tape
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
Please note Polyken switched over the release liner on this tape form a light blue color to a yellow color to help distinguish it more easily from other double-sided cloth tapes such as Polyken 105C and 100D.
Perfect for applications where clean removal is required, such as temporarily installing carpeting in ballrooms or at conventions, Polyken FastFloor Double-Coated Ballroom Tape provides strong, secure adhesion with residue-free removal. This is a cloth tape that has been coated on both sides with clean-removing rubber adhesive, so it's perfect for making setup simpler at trade shows, conventions, special events and more. The exposed side is designed to effectively bond to ballroom carpeting, while the liner side bonds more strongly to the rough underside of temporary carpeting. This differential adhesive turns the time-consuming two-step setup process into a more efficient one-step process in event setup and staging. The cloth-style carpet makes it simple to tear by hand but still provides exceptional strength and stability. FindTape.com offers Polyken FastFloor tape in 2-inch wide by 25-yard long rolls.
- Temporary carpet installations in ballrooms
- Temporary carpet installation in spaces for events, trade shows, etc.
- General mounting and holding
Features & Benefits
- Cloth carrier adds strength and stability and is easy to tear by hand.
- Clean removal air-side adhesive bonds well to carpeted surfaces yet removes clean without leaving messy
adhesive residue behind.
- Aggressive liner-side adhesive bonds strongly to carpet backings and other rough surfaces for a secure hold but removes cleanly from carpet backing.
- Differential adhesive system accomplishes the same job in one step instead of two which saves time and money.
Polyken FastFloor Double-Coated Ballroom Tape
- Adhesive: rubber How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: cloth
- Release Liner: polyethylene film (LDPE)
- Thickness: 11 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 40 ounces per inch (exposed side) / 60 ounces per inch (liner side)
- Tensile Strength: 20 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 35°F to 150°F
- Application Temperature: 50°F to 120°F
- Certifications: Low VOC
- Core: 3" diameter
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Please note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free. Tape rolls are typically cut to standard tape industry metric-cut sizes - or approx 5% narrower than the nominal size (i.e. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered).
Please contact us to inquire about pricing for full-cut widths (e.g. a 6 inch roll cut to exactly 152mm instead of 144mm).
FastFloor Standard sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
2 in. x 25 yds.
Actual Size: 48mm x 23m
Single Roll (1-23 Rolls)
1 - 4 Cases (24-119 Rolls)
5 - 9 Cases (120-239 Rolls)
10+ Cases (>= 240 Rolls)
Nominal Tape Widths vs Actual Widths
5% narrower than the NOMINAL width shown in inches. Examples:
Tape rolls are cut to standard tape industry metric widths of approx. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered. As a result ACTUAL tape widths are normally
- 1" Nominal width = 15/16" (24mm) Actual width
- 2" Nominal width = 1-7/8" (48mm) Actual width
- 3" Nominal width = 2-13/16" (72mm) Actual width
Note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free.
May be Available!
Custom Tape Widths
- Need custom sized or "full-cut" width tapes? Many of our tapes come to our converter as full wide width "log rolls" (not pre-cut), and can be custom cut to widths not shown in the pricing table.
- Contact us today for pricing and minimum requirements to order your desired tape in a custom width.
- Please note that since this tape comes in "log roll" format most rolls ship on a plain white core (i.e. with no branding or text inside the core).
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils