Think tough and think straight when you think Scotch 2460 Ultimate Paint Edge Masking Tape. This ultra-thin, ultra-smooth tape is ideal for creating the long, straight, smooth paint lines you need for the highest quality finished products. It features unique acrylic adhesive technology for good, instant adhesion that is temperature-resistant and capable of withstanding paint bake operations of up to 300°F. This adhesive also peels off cleanly, without leaving residue. The ultra-thin backing of this masking tape produces a low paint ridge for sharp and smooth paint lines, yet is strong enough to pull through paint and caulk without ripping.
The adhesive of Scotch Ultimate Paint Edge Masking Tape 2460 maintains good holding power that resists lifting and curling. This tape is also resistant to solvent and moisture, preventing paint bleedthrough. In addition, the thin, yet strong, smooth flat-back paper is easily torn by hand. Paint anchors well to this tape backing, reducing possibility of paint flaking debris, and the translucent backing aids in seeing when the tape has been properly rubbed down to give the best paint lines. This tape easily unwinds from the roll and uses a water-based adhesive, ideal for customers seeking out environmentally preferable solutions.
Used across many industries and applications including identification and color coding, holding, masking of straight lines from latex or solvent based paints, or protecting various items during painting and construction. A brand of 3M.
Features & Benefits
- Acrylic adhesive offers good, instant adhesion.
- Temperature-resistant, capable of withstanding paint bake operations of up to 300°F.
- Peels off cleanly, without leaving adhesive residue.
- Ultra-thin backing provides a low paint ridge for sharp, smooth paint lines.
- Adhesive maintains good holding power that resists lifting and curling.
- Acrylic adhesive provides UV resistance, which allows outdoor use for up to 21 days with clean removal from most surfaces).
- Solvent and moisture resistance prevents paint bleedthrough.
Country of Origin: Japan.
TAPE APPLICATION TIPS: For ideal paint results make sure the surface is clean, dry and dust-free so that the tape sticks properly. Next, apply the tape onto the surface while pressing down firmly as you go. And lastly, let the tape set for about 30 to 60 minutes before painting.
TAPE REMOVAL TIPS: Wait until the paint is dry to the touch before removing the tape. Lift it up by slowly pulling it back on itself, then removing at a 45-degree angle.
Scotch Ultimate Paint Edge Masking Tape (2460)
- Carrier/Backing: Flat Back Paper
- Adhesive: Acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Thickness: 3.3 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 8 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 18 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: up to 300°F
- Elongation: 6%
- Core: 3" diameter
- Country of Origin: Japan
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.