JVCC DC-UHB80FA-W Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape [White Foamed Acrylic - 78 mil]
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
BACKORDER NOTE *** orders can be placed for backordered items at any time
Item is expected in approximately 37 day(s)
When you need an all-purpose double-sided tape that offers high shear strength, very good tack, UV resistance and excellent adhesion on many surfaces, choose JVCC UHB80FA-W Ultra High Bond Double-Coated Tape. This white foamed acrylic, 78-mil tape offers superior bonding for demanding applications. The pressure sensitive adhesive is carried on a red, easy to remove, release coated polyethylene liner. Note that the image does not show a full 18-yard roll.
- Bonding plastics, sealed woods, metals and composites
- Adhering thick mil plastic sheeting to a wood frame to create a storm window
- Attaching household items (pictures, hooks, decorative items, etc.)
- Securing accessories in and on vehicles
Notes: Evaluate before bonding to low energy surface material like polypropylene, polyethylene, Teflon and silicones. Lower energy surfaces may require an adhesive promoter or primer such as IPA (isopropanol) on the substrate prior to application. View this Adobe .pdf reference document for information on surface preparation.
- After removing release liner, be careful not to contaminate acrylic adhesive. Immediately bond tape to surface without trapping air between the tape and the surface.
- Application pressure should be a minimum of 15 pounds per inch of tape width to achieve maximum bond strength.
- Dwell time (time that tape must be in contact with both surfaces before it reaches maximum adhesion) is 1 to 24 hours.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
JVCC DC-UHB80FA-W Ultra High Bond Double Coated Tape
- Adhesive: ultra high bond acrylic How are adhesives different?
- Carrier/Backing: foamed acrylic
- Release Liner: red polyethylene film
- Thickness: 78.2 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 125 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 93 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: -40°F to 212°F
- Dynamic Shear Strength: 68 pounds per square inch
- Short Term Temperature Resistance: up to 320°F
- Core: 3" diameter plastic
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Please note that tape rolls are NOT guaranteed to be splice-free. Tape rolls are typically cut to standard tape industry metric-cut sizes - or approx 5% narrower than the nominal size (i.e. 24mm per 1-inch of nominal width ordered).
Please contact us to inquire about pricing for full-cut widths (e.g. a 6 inch roll cut to exactly 152mm instead of 144mm).
This product can be used as an alternative to the following products(s):
PLEASE NOTE: "Alternative" to is NOT the same as equivalent to so please ensure the specifications listed are suitable for your application.
- ADCO #4955
- 3M #4912
- Hi-Bond #4200W
DC-UHB80FA-W Special Order Sizes
|ROLL SIZE||ITEM #
||ROLLS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ROLL
||PRICE PER CASE
1/4 in. x 18 yds.
Actual Size: 6.3mm wide Approximately 3 extra business days to ship
Single Roll (1-11 Rolls)
½ Case (12 Rolls)
1 Case (24 Rolls)
2+ Cases (48, 72, 96, ... Rolls)
$15.22 3 item minimum
3/8 in. x 18 yds.
Actual Size: 9.5mm wide Approximately 3 extra business days to ship
Single Roll (1-7 Rolls)
½ Case (8 Rolls)
1 Case (16 Rolls)
2+ Cases (32, 48, 64, ... Rolls)
$22.58 2 item minimum
1/2 in. x 18 yds.
Actual Size: 12.7mm wide Approximately 3 extra business days to ship
Single Roll (1-5 Rolls)
½ Case (6 Rolls)
1 Case (12 Rolls)
2+ Cases (24, 36, 48, ... Rolls)
$29.96 2 item minimum
3/4 in. x 18 yds.
Actual Size: 19.0mm wide Approximately 3 extra business days to ship
Single Roll (1-3 Rolls)
½ Case (4 Rolls)
1 Case (8 Rolls)
2+ Cases (16, 24, 32, ... Rolls)
1 in. x 18 yds.
Actual Size: 25.4mm wide Approximately 3 extra business days to ship
Single Roll (1-2 Rolls)
½ Case (3 Rolls)
1 Case (6 Rolls)
2+ Cases (12, 18, 24, ... Rolls)
Special Order Policies & Footnotes:
Special Order Policies
- Special orders are non-returnable (and non-cancelable if materials have been already ordered or cut before the cancellation request was received).
- Special order sizes often ship direct from our supplier so will not arrive together with stocked products.
Special Order Minimums
- Minimum requirements apply because a size may be non-stock.
- Minimum Quantities: If a particular size has a minimum item requirement, please only order that size in multiples of that minimum (e.g. if the minimum is 12, then use multiples like 12, 24, 36, etc).
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils