FrogTape Pro Grade Orange Painter's Tape [High Adhesion]
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
FrogTape Pro Grade Orange Painters Tape is a high-adhesion painters tape that quickly sticks to a variety of surfaces, even in hot and humid conditions. This has a conformable backing that makes it easy to use on interior and exterior applications. It is easy to apply and removes cleanly without shredding for three days. Also known as Shurtape CP 199. Designed for use on or for:
- Cured painted walls and trim
- Unfinished wood
- Masking light fixtures
- Hanging poly for protection while spraying
Made in the U.S.
- Clean the surface to be masked. Make sure it is dust-free and dry.
- If the surface has been recently painted, make sure the paint has cured.
- For accurate placement, adhere FrogTape in short sections to avoid stretching the tape.
- Make sure FrogTape is flush to the edge that you will be painting.
- Using a putty knife or 5-in-1 tool, press the tape you positioned to burnish it to the surface you are masking.
- Remove the tape immediately after you are finished painting. This will help prevent paint from bridging over the tape and tearing when you remove it. When latex paint begins to dry, it becomes rubbery (like a rubber band) and has a tendency to pull.
- Remove the tape slowly and pull at a 90-degree angle.
- If the new paint does begin to tear, gently score the edges with a razor blade.
- If the tape begins to tear the wallboard when it is being removed, this likely means you have masked on a poorly bonded surface. Try softening the tape's adhesive with a blow dryer.
FrogTape Pro Grade Orange Painter's Tape
- Carrier/Backing: fine structured crepe paper
- Adhesive: rubber-based How are adhesives different?
- Thickness: 6.4 mils (carrier, adhesive) What is mil thickness?
- Adhesion: 39 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 24 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: 50°F to 200°F
- Elongation: 9%
- Core: 3" diameter
- Country of Origin: United States
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
Pro Grade Orange Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
1.41 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 36mm wide
UPC = 075353143100
Single Item (1-23 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (24-71 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (72-119 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 120 Items)
a 13% discount
a 15% discount
a 16% discount
1.41 in. x 60 yds. 4-pack
Actual Size: 36mm wide
UPC = 075353314364
Single Item (1-5 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (6-17 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (18-29 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 30 Items)
a 6% discount
a 8% discount
a 9% discount
1.88 in. x 60 yds.
Actual Size: 48mm wide
UPC = 075353143179
Single Item (1-17 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (18-53 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (54-89 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 90 Items)
a 13% discount
a 14% discount
a 16% discount
Question & Answers
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils