Gorilla 420010 Epoxy Syringe
Before ordering, please read the "Product Description & Specs" tab content for more information about this item.
NOTE: Federal regulations prohibit the shipment of restricted products (aerosol cans, flammable items, etc.) by air so please only choose UPS Ground/Standard as your shipping method if including this product in your order.
Gorilla Epoxy Syringe is an incredibly strong and durable household and automotive repairs adhesive with superior solvent and water resistance. The easy-to-use syringe keeps the epoxy resin and hardener separate, so it is easy to dispense. The two-part, gap-filling formula of the Gorilla Epoxy Syringe system easily bonds steel, aluminum, glass, wood, ceramic, tile and most plastics. Plus, it dries in an ideal, clear finish that makes projects look spotless.
Gorilla Epoxy has 3300 psi bond strength and a 5-minute set-time for a quick strong application process. The adhesive is water resistance and suitable indoor and outdoor use on a wide variety of projects. The epoxy can be painted with a latex paint and stained with a water-based stain and is sandable for a perfect finish.
Features and Benefits
- Clear dry formula is ideal for a clean and easy finish
- Plenty of re-positioning time for the perfect fit
- Fill voids and bond uneven and vertical surfaces
- Once cured, the product is solvent resistant
- Easy-to-use syringe has separate barrels of epoxy resin and hardener keep epoxy from hardening
- Syringe dispenses evenly and includes a cap for multiple uses
Directions for Use
- Prepare Your Work Area and the Surface - If you’re using Gorilla Epoxy for the first time or bonding a new type of material, we always recommend trying a test piece first. Prepare your work area - It is recommended to use Gorilla Epoxy in a well-ventilated area. Be sure your work area is protected from spills. Gather your mixing tray and stir sticks so that all your supplies are together. Prepare the surface - To improve adhesion, roughen smooth surfaces before gluing. Then clean and dry all surfaces to be bonded.
- Mixing Gorilla Epoxy - Remove the black cap from the two syringes. With tip pointing upward, cut or snap the end from tip of the syringes. With the tip still pointing upward, eliminate air and ensure even dispensing by slowly pushing the plunger until both the resin and the hardener are at the tip. Push the plunger to dispense even amounts of resin and hardener onto a clean, disposable, contained surface. The package itself can be used as a mixing tray. If you flip the plastic blister shell over, you can use the small well as a starter dish to begin dispensing until both the resin and hardener are flowing equally. Once the flow is even, move to the larger mixing well to dispense your even ratio. Mix the two parts for about 20 seconds, until the mixture is uniform. Apply within 5 minutes. As you mix, you will notice that the epoxy warms up. This is a reaction that occurs as the resin and hardener combine.
- Application - After mixing is complete, apply Gorilla Epoxy within 5 minutes. The epoxy mixture will continue to thicken and the bond strength will decrease the longer you wait to apply.
- Clamping - To reach maximum bond strength, clamp project together and leave undisturbed.
Important Cure Times and Storage
- Set: 5 minutes to apply and position
- Handling: Allow to cure for 30 minutes undisturbed (no weight or handling)
- Final Cure: Allow 24 hours for load-bearing weight
- Storage: To close, pull plunger slightly back. Wipe tip clean with dry cloth and align notch on tip and cap. Close tightly.
Made in the U.S.
* Multiple cases may be shipped per package in order to minimize the charge for shipping.
Gorilla 420010 Epoxy Syringe
Note: Specifications are those given by manufacturers and are not tested for accuracy.
420010 Standard sizes
|ITEM SIZE||ITEM #
||ITEMS PER CASE
||PRICE PER ITEM
||PRICE PER CASE
0.85 fl. oz.
Single Item (1-9 Items)
1 - 2 Cases (10-29 Items)
3 - 4 Cases (30-49 Items)
5+ Cases (>= 50 Items)
hot melt rubber (synthetic)
Offers the widest range of application flexibility available. Exhibits excellent processing performance whether manually or automatically applied. Has superior tensile strength, adhesion properties and holding force which ensures consistent, reliable seals. Hot melt adhesive will bond faster to a surface which is referred to as quick-grab or quick-stick. It typically has higher tack (will feel stickier to the touch), but is also softer. It has lower heat resistance, shear resistance, and sometimes UV resistance than an acrylic adhesive. NOTE: it is called hot melt because the adhesive is applied hot by the manufacturer and then hardens as it cools (you do not need to apply heat to the tape yourself).
Properties are similar to that of hot melt rubber, but natural rubber often holds where other adhesives won't (recycled fibers, dust, cold, heat and heavy loads). It provides good overall adhesion and moisture resistance.
Offer excellent performance, especially for applications in temperatures less than 40°F and greater then 120°F. It provides excellent clarity, has high shear strength, is usually more permanent/durable even when exposed to moisture, and it ages well over extended periods in fluorescent and sunlight. Since it remains clear for the life of the application and does not yellow over time it is ideal for applications such as sealing white cartons. While it has good initial adhesion it does take 24-48 hours to cure and to achieve its maximum bond strength (has gradual adhesion buildup). Another difference between hot melt rubber and acrylic adhesive is if you fold tape over making the two adhesive sides touch the acrylic adhesive will remain attached to the carrier (e.g. paper, film) while a hot melt adhesive will stick to itself and pull off of the carrier. It is the best choice for clarity, UV resistance and aging characteristics.
Is great for extreme temperature applications since silicone adhesive can work in continuous operating temperatures from -100°F to 500°F. They also exhibit good chemical resistance, retain electrical properties, and remove cleanly with little or no residue.
Zinc oxide based adhesive formula is a skin-friendly adhesive which is commonly used on sports medicine tapes.
Thickness, AKA caliper or gauge, refers to the distance from one surface of a tape backing, or adhesive, to the other.
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
Examples: 1/16 inch = 62.5 mils; 1/32 inch = 31.25 mils